Welcome to Nanded-Waghala
Nanded,The City Of Gurudwaras
Nanded is the second largest city which is located in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra. The city is situated on north bank of Godavari River. It is growing rapidly economically and has acquired the status of the second largest trading market in Maharashtra after Navi Mumbai. It is also headquarters of Nanded district in the Marathwada Division of the state. It is an important holy place for the Sikh faith and is famous for the Hazur Sahib Gurudwara. It is the district headquarters once very famous as district of Sanskrit poets. Nanded is a town of great antiquity and famous for Muslim Sufi shrines. This district of great antiquity is important for the Hindu faith and is known for the Renukadevi temple at Mahur. Apart from this, Nanded supports a number of industries like textiles, sugar, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals. Major agricultural crops produced in the area are cotton and banana. Other commercial sectors like real estate are also flourishing in the city. The city is also home to very good educational institutions and is one of the important regional education centers in Marathwada region. These institutions cater to students in various disciplines like Engineering, Medicine, Law, Management, Agriculture and Sciences etc.
The city of Nanded was earlier known as Nanditat. The name Nanded is widely believed to have originated from NANDI the Vahan of Lord Shiva, who performed penance on the banks (TAT) of River Godavari. This NANDI TAT became NANDED. Nanded District and the adjoining areas were ruled by the Andhrabhrtyas and Satvahanas during the first century AD. Nanded was the capital of the district of Telangana till AurangzebÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s death in 1708 but became a part of the Hyderabad state in 1725 and continued to be under the NizamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s dominions till 1948. Today, Nanded gains prominence from the Sikh Gurudwara which is erected at the place where Shri Guru Govindsinghji Maharaj, the last Sikh Guru, passed away in 1708.
Nanded is a most popular city located in the Marathawada region of Maharashtra. It is fast emerging as an important tourist destination of the region. Some of the major tourist attractions in Nanded include Kandhar Fort, Mahur , Takhat Sachkhand Shri Hazur Abchalnagar Sahib. Mahur is an important Shakti peeth of Maharashtra. The main attraction here is the temple of Goddesses Renuka Devi on a hill. It was built by the Yadava kings nine centuries ago. It is visited on Dusshera by devotees in huge numbers. The Kandhar Fort is situated in the heart of the city. Apart from these temples, there are many other sightseeing places in Nanded to capture your eyes.
Places to visit
Shri Hazur Abchalnagar Sahib Gurudwara
Shri Hazur Abchalnagar Sahib Gurudwara is one of the most famous Gurudwara located in the city of Nanded. The Gurudwara of Hazur Sahib was built by Maharaja Ranjit singh who was the ruler of Punjab. It is one of the five High seats of Authority of the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh died here and his remains are preserved along with various weapons.
Malegaon is also known as Taluka Loha which is located at a distance of about 57 km from Nanded. A grand fair is organized every year in honor of Lord Khandoba at this place. The fair is famous for its huge animal market which attracts tourists from major parts of country.
Kandhar Fort is one of the oldest fort located in the Kandhar town of Nanded. The fort is famous for its beautiful architecture. The fort was built by King Krishna III of Malkhed, for security purposes. The fort, which is almost in ruins and is encircled by a moat.
Nanded fort is also another fort located at a distance of 4 kms away from the Nanded city. The fort of Nanded is bordered by the Godavari River. The fort, in ruins now, has a sprawling garden along its boundaries. It is a total delight for history buffs, architecture enthusiasts and photography fanatics.
Masjid of Biloli
Masjid of Biloli is a major tourist destination located in the Biloli town of Nanded. It is also popularly known as Hazrat Nawab Sarfaraz Khan Sahid Masjid. The mosque is constructed in stone and used to have four minarets on the southern side which collapsed due to a lightening in 1960. It is said that the masjid was built about 330 years back and is dedicated to Sarfaraz Khan who was an officer in the army of Aurangzeb.
Places To Visit